Thursday, June 16, 2011

Trust

I trust God.
Sounds almost trite and cliche.
But it's true. I trust my God.

But I've discovered that sometimes I have to "put feets" to my prayers. And really show that I trust.

Trusting God does not come naturally. And deciding to trust God does not come easily, either. It's terribly difficult to wake up one day and say to myself, "Today I am going to start trusting God with my life." My life! Just that easy!

Sometimes, I have to fight tooth and nail to trust God.

But it's something I can prove to myself over and over. I can trust God. And I can prove it.

And here's another thing I've been thinking about trust. Trust takes action. To trust, I have to actually let go, all the way, and release whatever it is I'm trusting to God. That's action.
To trust, I have to take steps, actively in the direction I'm being called toward. That's action.
To trust, I have to walk forward calmly, and wait. Yes waiting is action, too.
To trust, I have to believe with all my heart that God really can handle my life.
And I can prove that He can.

2 Samuel 22:31
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.

Job 13:14
Why do I take my flesh in my teeth, and put my life in my hands?
Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.

Psalm 5:11
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them;
Let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices and with my song I will praise Him.

2 Corinthians 1:9
Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment