Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Feeling Foodie


I'm feeling like a food editor or something by taking that photo up there. Doesn't it look like it should appear in Food magazine or Southern Living or something?
And let me tell you, it tasted as fabulous as it looks. Oh. My.

This pie was from a place called Dangerously Delicious pies in Baltimore. It kind of reminded me of my favorite coffee haunt, Rivertown. It was low key and locally owned. Mom got some scrumptious goat cheese spinach yumminess, and I had this luscious mixed berry pie. Good thing I don't live near there, or you'd have to roll me out the door...

In other foodie news, I'm taking a sushi class Monday! I'm so excited! I can't wait to learn how to make it for myself. I'm already thinking of that first bite of goodness.

I was thinking yesterday about all the good food out there, and how glad I am for taste buds and being able to enjoy tastes and textures and colors of food. Food, an essential to life, and yet something that brings such pleasure, and such communion with other people. Sharing food, sharing laughter, sharing life together while eating and nourishing our bones and our souls.

It's a beautiful thing.

It reminds me of the meal that Jesus urges us to remember together, the last token of His love toward us, as we remember His broken body, and recall His spilled blood. We break bread and drink wine together and realize afresh His love and forgiveness as He was ground up like wheat on the cross and crushed like wine beneath the feet of sinners. The greatest sacrifice remembered by breaking bread together, sharing in a meal together.

And that's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment