Monday, July 23, 2012

Journey

I sit and ponder the journey of life. The adventure that is so fun, so intense, and so rewarding. The adventure of following Jesus.
Its amazing where it can lead, its amazing what can happen that is so unexpected. New twists in the story, new threads to follow each day.
I never expected to be where I am today. I look out the window and the view is so different than the view I was imagining even 6 months ago, 1 year ago, and 2 years ago. The view is full of surprises I never imagined or knew.
What if the view I had imagined as most perfect had taken place? What if the view I wanted was the one I was seeing now?
Somehow, I am glad for the view I am seeing. I am glad I did not miss the opportunity to see what is happening around me.

God's paths are perfect ones, and I trust His plans. His views are different than anything I imagined or wanted. And it is beautiful.

Praise God for leading me here, to this place I love so much, to this experience and adventure. The journey and path leads on, and I am excited to see what is next, where it will take me. Perhaps the other side of the world. Perhaps next door. Perhaps some place I have never imagined.

Learning is journeying. It is accepting new information and using it each day. 
I have to learn the grace of going with the flow, of following the turns and twists in the path with graciousness and excitement rather than worry or anxiousness. I have to learn to take the corner and look eagerly in the direction we are going instead of looking behind at what is past. I have to learn the grace of change, the grace of movement. This is part of the journey as well.

The journey of life. I am fascinated.




No comments:

Post a Comment