Saturday, July 14, 2012

Shine Your Light


Shine your light and let the whole world see you're singing for the glory of the risen King/ Shine your light and let the whole world see you're singing for the glory of the risen King/ Savior, He can move the mountains/ my God is mighty to save, mighty to save/ forever author of salvation, He rose and conquered the grave/ Savior, He can move the mountains, my God is mighty to save, mighty to save!

Over and over this song from Hillsong has played on my computer this morning. I have been thinking of my life and how I want my light and my song to be heard by the world and know that it is for the glory of a King who heals, who saves. My God has saved me from the pit of death, from the dry, barren desert places, from a broken, shattered heart. My God has turned my mourning into dancing, my tears of sadness into tears of joy, My God is mighty to save! Today my song is one of thanksgiving and awe as I look back over the months, the year and see the Glory of God in my life. And I want everyone to know the mighty power of my God, of the light in my heart. He can move mountains in your heart, He can conquer the grave of disappointed hopes and dreams, He can can create wholeness and beauty from ashes and brokenness. This is me, praising my God, my Savior, and my Healer. Let the whole world see, my God has conquered the grave, and is mighty to save. This is my song, my light.

The last month especially I have learned and seen and experienced how mighty God is, how He provides, saves, and gives strength and hope. Stories too numerous to write are in my heart of how He is there, always. His glory is shining and I can only say how good and kind and mighty He is. I simply cannot imagine what a dreary, hopeless life it must be without God. What is like to live without faith, without hope, without light? It is difficult for me to fathom. My relationship with God is so important, such a part of who I am. I want everyone to experience what it is like to sleep peacefully, to walk confidently, to know that there is light, and hope. So I shine my light and I sing and I share of the glory of God and the wonder of His love and salvation. May the whole world see it and hear it and sing it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment