Sunday, November 25, 2012

A Heap of Blessings

My blog has been silent for quite some time. The aventura de la vida has been taking up every moment, with no time for writing the past couple of weeks. But now I have a chance to catch my breath and think again. And write.

Through all the busy times, there have been so many things for which to give thanks. Here are a few of them:


  • My brother who lives in Canada flew down with my niece for a surprise visit! His wife has joined us now, so we get to enjoy catching up after not seeing them for 2 years, and not at home for 5!
  • My niece, Ella, laughing and playing with Papa (my Dad). 
  • A weekend in Georgia with my best friends, going to a fantastic party and hanging out with some wonderful people.
  • A crazy Thanksgiving with sudden out of town guests, pulling together a Thanksgiving meal, and laughing at the table with my grandparents who were giving wedding advice. 
  • Decorating and preparing for The Wedding with my sister and brother and listening to the Beatles. 
  • The fun of two families who joined together to make a memorable and sweet wedding. Working together, laughing together, and eating together!
  • A precious moment or two with my sister, right before the wedding ceremony. 
Family is one of the most important things to me. These moments with family are the moments I will always remember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment