- Standing around the living room, singing "Farther Along" a cappella. Music filling the space, music blending beautifully on our faces.
- Dear friends who check on me, offer prayers for me, and send me hugs through all sorts of means. Dear friends who love, even when they don't understand.
- Pink to delight my soul.
- A book that has brought much conviction and insight. It hurts to read at times, but it is the type of hurt that burns away and refines. Ultimately a good thing, and joy if I allow it to be.
- A new coffee cup that is blue with a red initial. From my Dad, just because. Filled with hot tea, it brings comfort.
- Written prayers for when I need help praying in a thoughtful manner. And people who take time to pray them with me.
- Golden, scarlet sunsets, with lacy trees to silhouette. Or pink and purple ones that fade to pale blue, to deep indigo. Indigo silence, that darkens until a glow of diamonds with a pearl to crown them all.
- The scent of an orange candle, burning next to me as I study. I love candles on dark days.
- The skinny long pinecones that I spray painted white when they were wet and cold, but once inside the warm, dry house they suddenly opened and became wide, fat ones. Amazing.
- A new perfume I enjoy all day. Delights my senses.
- Facebook comments in Spanish from Bolivian friends.
- Dancing, and introducing friends to the joy of dancing, too!
- The gang hitting McDonalds at midnight, causing the night staff to have to scramble, and then eating, laughing and lingering over french fries and Dr. Peppers.
I am working on many things, but one thing is recognizing joy. Here. Now. Its all around if I just notice it, recognize it and invite it.
Thank you Jesus for bringing the recognition of these joys into my heart and mind. May I always find joy, and recognize Your Love through them. Amen.