Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Loveliness


Today was a lovely day.


This morning started off gray and rainy. I left for work and it was cold. Once I arrived at work I was busy and didn't even glance out the window until someone asked me if I'd seen the beautiful picture. I looked at her blankly and she pointed outdoors where I saw white snow flakes drifting down softly, making the world appear clean and soft as cotton. It started to fall with big thick flakes and then it came faster and suddenly the ground was covered. I enjoyed keeping on eye on the beautiful picture from my desk.
At the same time I was smelling a wonderful scent of cinnamon. The kids in the preschool upstairs were making cinnamon ornaments and they were baking them in the kitchen across the hall. Smelled absolutely wonderful.
There's a sweet little girl who comes to visit me at least a couple times a week. I keep a candy dish mostly just for her...and today I had little candy canes. The peppermint flavor tickling my tongue reminded me of freshness. And her excitement made it even more fun. :)
Every now and then the teachers upstairs cook things. Today they made chili and invited me to have some for lunch, too.
I was feeling so Christmassy, what with the cinnamon, the snow, the peppermint that I turned on a classical Christmas Pandora station. So lovely.
I came home and found a missing box of ornaments and helped Mom add them to the tree. We drank tea and ornamented. Then we watched a movie while I worked on several projects. It was nice to accomplish some things and finally cross them off the list.


So here's a list (I do love lists!) of things that made me happy and smiling.

Snow, softly falling outside, making the world white.
Peppermint, tickling my tongue.
Cinnamon filling my office with a wonderful scent.
Warm chili, at just the right moment.
A little girl eating candy canes.
Classical Christmas music.
Hanging ornaments and drinking tea with my mother.
Sudden laughter.
Satisfaction from accomplishing important tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment