Thursday, April 7, 2011

Christ In Me

Christ Be With Me

Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me,
Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ on my right, Christ on my left,
Christ where I lie, Christ where I sit, Christ where I arise,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of every one who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
Salvation is of the Lord.
Salvation is of the Christ.
May your salvation, Lord, be ever with us.


~


Christ in me. I was thinking and praying this week that when people see me, they would see Christ. When people talk to me they would notice Christ. When people hear me speak, they would hear Christ.



I frequently think about how to express Christ's love when I am interacting with people all day long. I need to find a way to express to that person that Christ is Love and they should come away seeing Christ, not Katie.
Because we are "Little Christ" or Christians.


I have not attained this yet. It is impossible for a human to achieve. Yet, I strive, knowing that Christ is in me and through me and through some mysterious and powerful way He can overcome my human stumbles and shine through somehow, some way.


~


Christ comes in many different ways. Christ takes many forms. 
Christ comes when we least expect it.
Christ comes when we hurt the most.
Christ comes when we're filled with happiness.
Christ comes when we meet a stranger.
Christ comes when we find a friend.
Christ comes when we gain strength we didn't know we had.
Christ comes when we stand for what we believe.
Christ comes when we love difficult people.
Christ comes when we reach out to others.
Christ comes when we humble ourselves.
Christ is always coming. 


~


Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment