Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Passion Of Christ

My heart and mind is preparing for next week- the Passion week leading up to Resurrection Sunday. This is one of my most favorite weeks in the church calendar, and becoming my favorite holiday, too. It's just so much more significant that Christ died and rose than that he was born in a stable. He was born in the stable in order to die on the cross and then rise from the dead, so I am beginning to appreciate the celebration of that action more and more.

Every year I like to think about the week, and the arch of the story and I especially think about the emotions experienced. So I found this old blog post to share from the blog I share with my sisters.

I've been thinking about what it was like in Jerusalem when I was visiting and how I was imagining what it was like when Jesus was there. Perhaps another blog post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment