Friday, January 13, 2012

I Forgive

I forgive.
Two simple words that cover a mountain and a valley and a world of wrestling and aching before arriving at the moment of clarity.

I forgive.
I will not forget the journey that caused or the journey that it took to arrive at those words. I will not forget them, but I will forgive them.

I forgive.
I will rise above the small, petty, childishness of holding a hurt in my heart. I will release it and forgive it and not keep it smoldering. It is gone because I forgive.

I forgive.
I will forgive and move forward, free and clear. I forgive and become free and whole in the forgiving.

I forgive.
Because of love, I forgive.

I forgive.
I forgive and find forgiveness.

My forgiveness really is such a small thing.

My King, my Christ, faced so much more hurt than I even begin to imagine, to forgive me. Not only the physical pain of the cross, and crucifixion, but also the mental, emotional, and spiritual pain and dying that took place in order that I might live. My mistakes and words and actions were forgiven. Forgiven and paid for that I might become free and whole. Free and whole in order to have a relationship with God and find the secret to eternal life.

I forgive. Because I have been forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment