Monday, January 9, 2012

Take 5

I have 5 minutes before I need to pack up and head for the next thing. 5 minutes to share some contemplations.

It's raining outside and as I glance out the window, I notice the street lights glowing, the light reflecting off the wet cement. A small gift to appreciate. A bit of beauty that I notice and which satisfies. A little glimpse that reminds me of an artist.
The artist is God, and He paints on my heart and mind. He paints beauty into my life and heart and all I need to do is look for it and appreciate it and be thankful for it.

The glow of the lamps is the shine of His love. And there are reflections of His love, even in the dark and wet night.

Perhaps I am to reflect His love. Perhaps through kindness, I can share a picture of the Savior. Perhaps through generosity, or compassion I can reflect His graciousness and justice.

It's raining, and dark, and wet. But there are reflections of hope and light. Just look for them and notice them. They're all around you, reflecting off wet cement.

No comments:

Post a Comment